Sunday, 18 March 2012

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

Happy St. Patrick's Day everyone! Sorry my last post was forever ago. I kind of forgot about it until now! I have done so much since the last one. I went to Sweden a few weekends ago with one of my roommates. We walked around Gothenburg City, went to see a little castle, went across to a little island, walked along the water, and did so much more. It was kind of hard getting around and figuring out food on menus because everything was in Swedish, but most of the people there knew how to speak English so it ended up being ok. Since then, not much has been going on until this weekend. I have just been hanging out and exploring London with my friends. Last weekend was so nice out, so my friend Dave and I just went on a five hour adventure exploring the city! London is huge and it is impossible to see everything even in the time I've been here, I haven't even got to see half of it! There is so much more to it then you think. Exploring is the way to see London in a different way.





This weekend a few of my friends and I headed to Ireland for St. Patrick's Day!!! It was by far the best trip I have taken since I've been here! We flew into Shannon on Wednesday night and stayed in Galway. On Thursday, we took a really interesting bus tour through a little bit of southern Ireland to the Cliffs of Moher. We stopped at lots of sites on the way through the mountains and it was really pretty. I would love to live in Ireland! We got to the Cliffs and had a really good time even though it was raining and very foggy. They are so high it was probably one of the scariest things I have ever seen. We walked over the barrier and went to the edge of the cliff and looking over is so nerve racking but it was definitely worth it! I took so many pictures. When we got back to Galway, we went to listen to live Irish music in the pubs which was a ton of fun. On Friday, we explored Galway and went sightseeing. We went to lots of pubs and saw some more live bands. We went to see the National University of Ireland, Galway which was the other school I got into the study abroad. I have to say, as much as I loved Galway, I am very glad I chose London :) Yesterday was one of my favorite days of the year, St. Patrick's Day!! It was one of the best St. Patrick's Days I have ever had. I dressed up like crazy and it was so much fun!! We went to the Galway parade and then just went pub hopping. We saw live bands, met some people, and watched the big Ireland vs. England rugby game. Ireland lost, which wasn't fun but that's ok. The Massachusetts State Police were in the parade and when my friend and I walked by them at a bar, I stopped to tell them I was from Massachusetts. I told them I was from Pembroke and they told me to come in and take a picture with them. They gave me a Massachusetts badge and pin. I was so excited! They were so nice and so happy to see someone from MA! We had lots of fun, but we had to get up at 4 am this morning to head to the aiprort which wasn't so fun. I wasn't really ready to leave Ireland but I'm definitely happy to be back "home" in London!

School is going pretty well. We only have less than 3 weeks of classes left which is kind of crazy. I have so many presentations and tests due so it's going to be a busy few weeks, but once it's over, we have a spring break from April 5th until May 10th! It's crazy how long it is but I have my whole break planned out! I may possibly try to visit some family friends up in Northern Ireland and see where my family is from the beginning of April. My mom, dad, nana, and brother are coming to visit the middle of April so I'm really excited to see them because I miss them and I can't wait to show them around London! After they leave, my friend Alexis and I are spending a week traveling to Paris, Venice, Florence, and Pisa so we are really excited for that! The time is going by way too fast. I can't believe I only have about two months left here. It's sad. I'm going to miss this place when I have to leave. I do miss my family and friends though.

Other than that, nothing much has been going on. I'm sorry I haven't been blogging much! I've been traveling and very busy! If anyone wants to see all of my pictures, I have a ton of them on facebook. I have taken so many pictures since I've been here. I am already on my second memory card. I will definitely be making a scarpbook this summer! I hope everyone is well and I will try to blog again once my classes are over in a few weeks and I have some free time :)

1 comment:

  1. That's okay. I hope Ireland will get it next year, though. :) Anyway, that was a good experience. Last St. Patrick's day, I just went on a boat trip with a couple of friends. I'm glad everything went well for us then.

    Walter Tully

    ReplyDelete