Saturday, 5 May 2012

Amazing Month of April

Hello Everybody,

     Sorry that once again it's been forever since my last blog! I have been really busy over my break so I haven't had a lot of time, but I will post this one before finals start! I have been on break since April 5th and it has been a lot of fun. For the first week of break, I really didn't do too much. My friends and I did a few things around London like the London Dungeons which were fun. We mostly just hung out. A lot of my friends have been in and out of London traveling so I everyone has been really busy. My mom, dad, brother, and Nana came to visit me the second week of break for a week. I'm glad they came and had a good time! It was really nice to see them because I miss them. We did A LOT of walking and sightseeing. The last few days they were here, we headed up to Nottingham, England to visit my dad's family who lives there. It was nice meeting them since I haven't really met most of them before. I am going to try to go back up there before I go home because I would love to see them again :)
   
     After my family left, I went on a trip for a week with my friend Alexis. Our first stop was Paris! I love that city and it was my second time there, so we mostly spent our time there just walking around the city and sightseeing. I took lots of pictures, a lot of the Eiffel Tower because I love it! Our second night in Paris, Alexis' friend who is studying there brought us to her dorm where her and her friends made us dinner and took us out. It was a lot of fun and I loved meeting new people. They were from all different countries and all so nice!

      After Paris, we flew to Venice, Italy. Possibly had to be the most beautiful city in the world! We got to the airport and found out that we had to take an hour speedboat ride to get to the island. I don't like boats so that part wasn't fun, but once we got to the island it was great! It looks so surreal and fake because it is so pretty. Our hostel was in a great location and the city is so much fun. There are no cars there, so it is literally just a maze of streets and bridges! It was crazy. We loved seeing everything and my favorite part was watching all of the Gondolas go by constantly! We wanted to go on one, but they were way too expensive and it's a short ride so we decided it wasn't worth it. Our diet in Italy consistes of Gelato, Pizza, and Pasta. I could live on Italian food! It is amazing! It was about 80 degrees out and I got a horrible sunburn which was not fun at all, but being in Venice made it ok :)

      After a couple days in Venice, we took a train from there to Florence. The train ride was only about 2 hours and it was a lot of fun because it was a pretty scenic ride and we got to see a lot of the Italian countryside and mountains. The couple days we spent in Florence were amazing. It was about 90 degrees out, which was a big change from London weather for sure! I made sure I got sunscreen when I got there. The nice and tan Italians were giving me looks because obviously my Irish skin didn't fit in well there. We went on a walking tour our first day through the city and got to see most of the center. It was absolutely beautiful. Our tour guide was great! We went into these beautiful gardens after and there was a really high hill and the sight from the top of it was amazing! You could see the whole city and the mountains behind it. After that, we walked around ourselves and got some delicious Italian food for dinner and got ready to head out.

      Our last day of vacation, we took a train from Florence to Pisa because that's where we were flying out of. There really isn't much to do in Pisa, but we figured we would go for a couple of hours before our flight to see the Leaning Tower of Pisa. It was really cool and I'm glad we got to see it! After the Tower, we got a bus to the airport and headed back to London. It was an amazing trip and I am so happy I have had the opportunity to visit so many places! I am having the time of my life and there is seriously nothing better than studying abroad.

     Now, I am back in London until I leave. This week, I have been studying for finals and that's about it. I have two finals on the 10th and one on the 15th so I have a lot of studying to do. It's really hard getting back into school mode after a month and a half off! I honestly cannot believe I come home three weeks from today. I am in denial that I have to leave so soon. It's starting to get emotional thinking about leaving. I am excited to come home and see everyone though! I have been skyping with my friends and they keep telling me how much they miss me and I really cannot wait until I reunite with them, especially my sorority sisters. It's really hard going from seeing people everyday to not seeing them for 5 months. I'm glad my family got to come visit though! I'm going back to studying but I figured I would post a blog before I forgot. If I don't get a chance to post another blog before I come home, I just want to say that this has been the most amazing experience of my life and I would do it again everyday. I would advise anyone who ever has the chance to study abroad to do it. You will not regret it! I will see everyone in a few weeks :)
 

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool Paris and London awesome..!
    __________________
    Essay Writing

    ReplyDelete